بودكاست التاريخ

ماكلين ، جون - التاريخ

ماكلين ، جون - التاريخ



We are searching data for your request:

Forums and discussions:
Manuals and reference books:
Data from registers:
Wait the end of the search in all databases.
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.

معاون قاضي المحكمة العليا

1830-1861

وُلد ماكلين في مقاطعة موريس ، نيو جيرسي في 11 مارس 1785. أصبح ماكلين محامياً من خلال العمل في المحكمة وقراءة القانون تحت إمرة محامي سينسيناتي. تم قبوله في نقابة المحامين عام 1807 عندما انتقل إلى لبنان أوهايو وافتتح مكتب محاماة. في عام 1812 انتخب عضوا في مجلس النواب. في عام 1816 استقال لشغل مقعد في محكمة أوهايو العليا. في عام 1822 تم تعيين الرئيس مونرو ماكلين كمفوض لمكتب الأراضي العام في واشنطن العاصمة. وبعد عام تم تعيينه مديرًا عامًا للبريد. في عام 1829 ، عين الرئيس جاكسون ماكلين في المحكمة العليا حيث خدم لمدة 32 عامًا حتى وفاته في 4 أبريل 1861.


جون ماكلين

ب. هامرسميث ، لندن ، إنجلترا. عزز ماكلين مهاراته الصوتية في الغناء في جوقة ، حيث تم اختياره بانتظام لأداء المعزوفات المنفردة ، والأداء مع مجموعة متنوعة من الفرق المحلية. في سن المراهقة بدأ الغناء بنظام الصوت Black Star Liner. نتج عن مشاركة ماكلين في الصوت أيضًا تسجيل المغني لأول مرة ، "Black Star Liner" ، والذي تم استخدامه كنغمة توقيع للرقص ثم ظهر لاحقًا في ألبومه الأول. وإدراكًا للمخاطر في صناعة التسجيلات ، سعى ماكلين في نفس الوقت إلى مهنة في صناعة السكك الحديدية. بينما استمر في النظر إلى طموحاته الموسيقية كخط جانبي ، أصدر أغنية متابعة بعنوان Open My Heart وشرع في شراكة مع الكابتن سندباد. لعب سندباد دور مدير ماكلين وأخذ المغني الشاب إلى استوديو أريوا ساوندز التابع لبروفيسور ماد حيث قدم عرضًا تجريبيًا لما سيصبح أكبر نجاح للمغني ، "إذا أعطيت قلبي لك". أعجب الأستاذ المجنون بشكل مناسب وشارك في إنتاج الأغنية ، والتي تم إصدارها من خلال أريوا على عكس تسمية Rockfort الخاصة بسندباد. تم إصدار المزيج النهائي في عام 1988 ، ووصل إلى رقم 1 على مخطط الريغي بالإضافة إلى ظهوره لفترة وجيزة في الطرف السفلي من مخطط البوب ​​البريطاني. عندما عاد سندباد إلى جامايكا في عام 1989 ، واصل ماكلين العمل مع الأستاذ المجنون ، والتي كانت بداية شراكة متقطعة استمرت طوال حياته المهنية. ظهر إصدار بارز في عام 1989 عندما سجل ماكلين نسخة حصرية من أغنية Al Green Hit ، "أنا ما زلت في الحب معك" بالاشتراك مع Kofi والذي أدى نجاحه إلى إطلاق أغنية "Things May Come" الخاصة بالثنائي. في عام 1993 ، أسفرت جلسات أخرى مع سندباد في زيارة قصيرة إلى المملكة المتحدة عن أغاني الرقص ، "تريد أن تعرف كيف" ، وهي نسخة من موسيقى "لو أعطيتك قلبي" تم تسجيلها بالاشتراك مع إنجيل فيش و " الانتظار انتهى. في عام 1994 ، أصدر مع الأستاذ المجنون مجموعة Men Are Lovers Too وهي مجموعة من الدرجة الأولى تضمنت المجموعة الكلاسيكية "We Both Belong To Someone Else" والمفضلة "Time For Love". طوال التسعينيات ، حافظ ماكلين على مكانة رفيعة في العمل مع كل من Ariwa و Fashion Records حيث أكدت إصدارات مثل "Midnight Train To Georgia" و "You You Changed" و "Thinking About You" و "سأكون في انتظار" في صناعة الريغي في المملكة المتحدة. سجلت المغنية أيضًا بالاشتراك مع DJ Dego Ranks ، حيث أصدرت "Run Around Girl" وألبومين مركبين. لا يجب الخلط بينه وبين عازف الجاز الذي يحمل نفس الاسم.


جون آر ماكلين

ولد جون آر ماكلين في 17 سبتمبر 1848 في سينسيناتي بولاية أوهايو. في نفس العام الذي ولد فيه ماكلين ، حصل والده واشنطن ماكلين على سينسيناتي المستفسر، صحيفة محلية. كانت الصحيفة صوتًا رئيسيًا للحزب الديمقراطي. خدم واشنطن ماكلين فقط كمالك للجريدة. لم يكن أبدا صحفيًا أو محررًا.

اعتبر جون ماكلين في الأصل مهنة قانونية ، ولكن بعد تخرجه من جامعة هارفارد ، تولى منصبًا في المستفسر. علم نفسه ببطء عمل الصحف ، بما في ذلك المهارات اللازمة ليصبح مراسلًا محترمًا. في عام 1881 ، أصبح ماكلين المالك الوحيد لـ المستفسر. تحت قيادته ، كان المستفسروزاد تداولها من ستة عشر ألفاً إلى تسعين ألف ورقة. استحوذ ماكلين أيضًا على واشنطن بريد، إحدى الصحف الرائدة في الولايات المتحدة خلال هذا العصر وكذلك اليوم.

شارك ماكلين أيضًا في الساحة السياسية. دعم بشكل عام الحزب الديمقراطي. عارض بشدة محاولات أوهايو جورج هـ. بندلتون لإصلاح الخدمة المدنية. تلقى ماكلين ترشيح الحزب الديمقراطي لمجلس الشيوخ في الولايات المتحدة في عام 1885 ولمقعد حاكم ولاية أوهايو في عام 1899. وخسر كلا الانتخابين. توفي ماكلين في 9 يونيو 1916.


نحن عائلة من الجيل الرابع في مجال البناء والهندسة المدنية على وشك بلوغ عامنا المئوي.

بدأها الجد العظيم جون ماكلين ، وتم إنشاء شركة "جون ماكلين وأولاده" والتي عُرفت لاحقًا باسم "منازل ماكلين". نمت McLean Homes بعد الحرب لتصبح واحدة من أكبر شركات البناء في المملكة المتحدة ، عندما كانت تحت سيطرة العائلة ، وتم إدراجها كشركة PLC في بورصة لندن تحت إشراف المدير الإداري جيفري ماكلين (ابن المؤسس جون ماكلين).

توسعت شركة McLean Homes في الولايات المتحدة وتم بيعها أخيرًا لشركة Tarmac في السبعينيات. كانت McLean Homes ابتكارية بشكل خاص للحلول المنزلية الحديثة ، على سبيل المثال لا الحصر ، كانت أول شركة تقوم بتطوير إطارات خشبية في المملكة المتحدة ، كما جلبت تبادل المنازل في عمليات الشراء الجديدة إلى السوق. تم بيع الشركة بعد ذلك إلى Wimpy Homes. خدم جيفري ماكلين أيضًا في العديد من المؤسسات في صناعة البناء بما في ذلك رئاسة NHBC.

أنشأ جيمس ماكلين ، ابن جيفري ماكلين ، الذي عمل في شركة العائلة حتى البيع ، عمليته الخاصة التي تركز على المنازل التنفيذية الراقية على نطاق أصغر في مواقع بين 12-40 وحدة. حافظ على هذا حتى تقاعده شبه المتقاعد في أوائل عام 2000 ، ولسوء الحظ توفي بعد فترة وجيزة.


سيادة الجزر القرن الرابع عشر و [مدش] القرن الخامس عشر

بحلول القرن الرابع عشر ، أصبحت عشيرة ماكلين قوة مهيمنة في الجزر الغربية. في عام 1366 ، عزز لاتشلان لوباناخ ماكلين من دوار ، الرئيس الخامس ، تحالف ماكلين مع ماكدونالدز من خلال الزواج. لم تكن عروسه ، ماري ماكدونالد ، البالغة من العمر 15 عامًا فقط ابنة جون ماكدونالد ، أول رب للجزر ، ولكن أيضًا حفيدة روبرت الثاني ، ملك اسكتلندا. يبدو أن العائلات كانت قريبة بما يكفي للحصول على موافقة الكنيسة. إن الإعفاء البابوي الذي أصدره البابا أوربان الخامس في 3 مايو 1367 16 بالموافقة على الزواج هو أول ذكر لماكلين في أي سجلات رسمية. وشمل مهر زواجهم حضانة قلعة دوارت. حصل لاتشلان لوباناخ أيضًا على المنصب الوراثي للملازم العام للجزر.

في عام 1390 ، قام لاكلان لوباناخ بتأمين أقدم المواثيق المعروفة التي منحها رب الجزر. منح دونالد ماكدونالد ، اللورد الثاني للجزر ، ثلاثة مواثيق لـ Lachlan Lùbanach في Ardtornish في 12 يوليو عام 1390. قلاع Dunconnel و Dunkerd وجزر Garvellach والنصف العلوي من جزيرة Jura وبعض الأراضي في Luing و Scarba و Morvern وأماكن أخرى. 2 منح الميثاق الثاني الوصاية والشرطة على قلاع كيرنبرغ وإيلبرغ وفلادا ولونجا أراضي تريشنش وكالغاري وأراضي أخرى في مول مكتب فراغراماناخ وأرماناتش في جزيرة لونا. 2 منح الميثاق الثالث الكفالة لجميع أراضي Tiree بعض الأراضي في Tiree ومكتب مضيف المنزل لرب الجزر. 2

على مدى خمسة أجيال ، كانت ثروات ماكلين مرتبطة ارتباطًا وثيقًا بماكدونالدز وسيادة الجزر. لقد كوفئ التاج الاسكتلندي دعم ماكلينز و rsquo الثابت بصفته تابعًا لسيادة الجزر عندما ضم مملكة الجزر إلى نفسه. في 13 يوليو عام 1495 في غلاسكو ، أكد الملك جيمس الرابع جميع المواثيق التي يحملها هيكتور أودار ماكلين من دوار من رب الجزر. 1 إن الاحتفاظ بمواثيقهم مباشرة من التاج جعل ماكلينز عشيرة مستقلة ، في وقت كانوا فيه أقوى قوة عسكرية في هبريدس.


ماكلين ، جون

الخدمة القضائية الاتحادية:
قاض مشارك بالمحكمة العليا للولايات المتحدة
رشحه أندرو جاكسون في 6 مارس 1829 لشغل مقعد أخلاه روبرت تريمبل. أكده مجلس الشيوخ في 7 مارس 1829 ، وحصل على عمولة في 7 مارس 1829. وانتهت الخدمة في 4 أبريل 1861 ، بسبب الوفاة.

التخصيص كعدالة دائرية:

الدائرة السابعة ، كاليفورنيا. ٤ مايو ١٨٢٩ - ٤ أبريل ١٨٦١

تعليم:
اقرأ القانون ، 1807

مؤسس / محرر ، The Western Star ، 1807-1812
عيادة خاصة ، لبنان ، أوهايو ، 1807-1812
ممتحن ، مكتب أراضي الكونغرس الأمريكي ، سينسيناتي ، أوهايو ، 1811-1812
ممثل الولايات المتحدة من ولاية أوهايو ، 1813-1816
قاضٍ بالمحكمة العليا في أوهايو ، 1816-1822
مفوض ، مكتب الأراضي بالولايات المتحدة ، 1822-1823
مدير عام البريد للولايات المتحدة ، 1823-1829

Weisenburger، Francis P. "John McLean، Postmaster-General." مراجعة تاريخية لوادي المسيسيبي، المجلد. 18 ، لا. 1 (يونيو 1931): 23-33.

فينكلمان ، بول. "جون ماكلين: معتدل مؤيد لإلغاء الرق وسياسي في المحكمة العليا." مراجعة قانون فاندربيلت، المجلد. 62 ، لا. 2 (مارس 2009): 519-66.

كلية الحقوق بجامعة هارفارد
كامبريدج ، ماساتشوستس.

رسائل جون ماكلين ، ١٨٢٦ ، ١٨٢٨.
2 صحيفة 1826 رسالة إلى وزير الحرب بخصوص المعاش التقاعدي للسيد أوزبورن 1828 رسالة إلى السناتور الأمريكي ألبيون ك.باريس بخصوص قبوله مقعدًا في المحكمة العليا في ولاية ماين.

مكتبة الكونجرس
واشنطن العاصمة.

أوراق جون ماكلين ، 1817-1861.
8 أقدام (3500 عنصر) للعثور على جمع المساعدة يحتوي على مراسلات وموجزات قانونية وبيانات مالية ودفتر سجل (حوالي 1820) وتقارير وآراء وموجزات مرتبة حسب اسم الحالة وأوراق أخرى نسخة ميكروفيلم متاحة في جامعة ييل.

جامعة ميشيغان
مكتبة وليام كليمنتس
آن أربور ، ميتش.

أوراق جون ماكلين ، 1828-1852.
8 عناصر في العثور على المساعدة.


10 من مشاهير مستشفى ماكلين للطب النفسي

قبل خمسين عامًا من اليوم ، انتحرت سيلفيا بلاث عن طريق غرس رأسها في فرن مليء بالغاز بينما ينام أطفالها في غرفة بعيدة. أول محاولة انتحار لها قبل 10 سنوات هبطت بها في مستشفى ماكلين للأمراض النفسية في بلمونت ، ماساتشوستس ، والتي اشتهرت بتأريخها. جرة الجرس. لم يكن بلاث المقيم الشهير الوحيد في ماكلين في وقت ما ، لقد كان كذلك ال مكان للشعراء والفنانين والموسيقيين الأثرياء للذهاب إلى الأعطال العصبية بينما لا يزالون يستمتعون بركوب الخيل ، وغرف مع مدافئ خاصة والشاي يقدم من خدمة فضية. لا يزال يحتل المرتبة الثانية في مستشفى الأمراض النفسية في البلاد.

لم يكن الأمر كذلك ، بالطبع ، الذي تعرفه إذا شاهدته فتاة تنقطع، قطعة أخرى بناءً على إقامة المريض في ماكلين. إليك كيف انتهى الأمر بلاث وتسعة أسماء أخرى ستعرفها في ماكلين.

1. سيلفيا بلاث

في عام 1953 ، حبست بلاث نفسها في مكان للزحف تحت منزل والدتها وأخذت 40 حبة منومة. خلال الأيام الثلاثة التالية ، بينما كانت موجودة فيما وصفته لاحقًا بـ "السواد الدائر الذي اعتقدت بصدق أنه النسيان الأبدي" ، بحثت الشرطة والأسرة والغرباء تمامًا عنها. بعد أن تم اكتشافها ، بعد أن تقيأت معظم الحبوب ، اعترفت والدتها بـ McLean ، والتي أعادت سرد معظمها في جرة الجرس.

2. سوزانا كايسن

يشبه إلى حد كبير بلاث ، مؤلف فتاة تنقطع استفادت من 18 شهرًا في ماكلين - حيث أُرسلت بسبب الاكتئاب - في أواخر الستينيات لكتابة روايتها الأكثر شهرة.

3. آن سيكستون

بدأت سكستون حياتها في ماكلين كمعلمة ، وليس مريضة ، مما أثار استياءها. أخبرت أصدقاءها أنها تريد "التسجيل" في ماكلين ، جزئيًا للحصول على نفس الخبرة التي اكتسبها زملاؤها الشعراء سيلفيا بلاث وروبرت لويل (انظر رقم 7). قامت بتدريس ندوات شعر أسبوعية في عام 1968 ، ثم انتقلت لتصبح محاضرة للكتابة الإبداعية في جامعة بوسطن عام 1969. حصلت سكستون أخيرًا على التحاقها في ماكلين في عام 1973 لمدة امتحان لمدة خمسة أيام. انتحرت بعد عام.

4. جيمس تايلور

وجد جيمس تايلور نفسه نائمًا لمدة 20 ساعة في المرة الواحدة ، فقام بفحص نفسه في ماكلين ليعالج من الاكتئاب عندما كان طالبًا في المدرسة الثانوية. كتب لاحقًا أغنية عن تجربته: "Knocking" Round the Zoo ".

5. راي تشارلز

بعد أن تم القبض عليه بتهمة حيازة الهيروين في عام 1964 ، قيل لتشارلز إنه يمكن أن يتنازل عن عقوبة أقسى إذا قام بتسجيل دخول ماكلين للمراقبة كل ستة أشهر. وفقًا لتشارلز ، لم تكن زياراته سيئة للغاية. ذكر في سيرته الذاتية: "أجمل جزء كان مقابلة إحدى الممرضات الذين قابلتهم بعد ذلك بقليل" ، الأخ راي. كما أنه أبقى نفسه - والمبنى بأكمله - مستمتعين عندما وجد بيانو وعازف بيانو آخر "من يمكنه أن ينوح حقًا".

6. روبرت لويل

تم قبوله في ماكلين في عام 1958 بعد سلسلة من الإقامة في مستشفيات عقلية أخرى ، وكان الفائز بجائزة بوليتزر أول من كتب عن ماكلين في قصيدة بعنوان "الاستيقاظ في الأزرق". مكث هناك أربع مرات على مدى ثماني سنوات.

7. ستيفن تايلر

وجد قائد فريق Aerosmith نفسه يقوم بعدة مهام في McLean’s East House ، بدءًا من عام 1985 ، عندما كان يحاول أن يصبح رصينًا.

8. ديفيد فوستر والاس

في سن ال 27 ، ومع وجود رواية ناجحة بالفعل تحت حزامه ، أمضى والاس أربعة أسابيع في ماكلين بسبب الاكتئاب وتعاطي المخدرات. إنه ليس المستشفى الذي يصفه فيه من باب الدعابة لا حصر له، لكن. هذا المنزل - "Ennet House Drug and Alcohol Recovery House" - هو حقًا اقتباس من Granada House في برايتون ، كونيتيكت ، منزل منتصف الطريق الذي ذهب إليه والاس فورًا بعد إقامته في ماكلين.

9. جون ناش

عالم الرياضيات اللامع الذي كان موضوع الفيلم عقل جميل أمضى شهرًا في ماكلين في عام 1959. قال لاحقًا: "لم أكن هناك لفترة كافية". لكن خلال إقامته القصيرة هناك ، تم تشخيص حالته بأنه مصاب بالفصام المصحوب بجنون العظمة. كان يدخل ويخرج من مستشفيات الطب النفسي المختلفة حتى عام 1970.

10. ماريان فيثفول

مثل ستيفن تايلر ، أمضى Faithfull وقتًا في ماكلين في منتصف الثمانينيات ، بعد العلاج في عيادة Hazelden في مينيسوتا للإدمان.


-> ماكلين، جون (1785-1861)

مارس ماكلين المحاماة في لبنان ، أوهايو (من 1807) ، وشغل منصب عضو مجلس النواب الأمريكي (1813-1816) ، ومدير مكتب البريد الأمريكي (1823-1829) ، وقاضٍ مشارك في المحكمة العليا الأمريكية (1829- 1861).

من وصف الرسائل ، 1826 ، 1828. (مكتبة كلية الحقوق بجامعة هارفارد). معرف سجل WorldCat: 234339336

ممثل الولايات المتحدة من ولاية أوهايو ، مدير مكتب البريد الأمريكي ، وقاض مشارك في المحكمة العليا الأمريكية.

من وصف أوراق جون ماكلين ، 1817-1861 (الجزء الأكبر 1829-1860). (مجهول). معرف سجل WorldCat: 71063519

ولد جون ماكلين في مقاطعة موريس ، نيو جيرسي ، في 3 مارس 1785 ، وتلقى القليل من التعليم الرسمي في شبابه. في أوائل القرن التاسع عشر ، درس القانون على يد آرثر سانت كلير الابن ، وفي عام 1807 بدأ ممارسة المحاماة في لبنان ، أوهايو. فاز ماكلين بمقعد في الكونجرس عام 1812 وانتُخب في محكمة أوهايو العليا عام 1816 وخدم حتى عام 1822 ، عندما عينه جيمس مونرو مفوضًا لمكتب الأراضي العامة ومديرًا عامًا للبريد. عين أندرو جاكسون ماكلين في المحكمة العليا للولايات المتحدة في عام 1829 ، وعمل في الوقت نفسه كقاضي في الدائرة السابعة. أشهر قرار نشره ماكلين هو معارضته لدريد سكوت ضد سانفورد. ظل بارزًا سياسيًا طوال فترة وجوده في المحكمة العليا ، واعتبره كل من اليمين والتربة الحرة والأحزاب الجمهورية من أجل الترشيحات الرئاسية. تزوج ماكلين من زوجته الأولى ، ريبيكا إدواردز ، في 20 مارس 1807 ، وزوجته الثانية ، سارة بيلا جارارد ، في 2 مارس 1843 ، وأنجبا سبعة أطفال. توفي جون ماكلين في 3 أبريل 1861.

من دليل أوراق جون ماكلين ، أوراق ماكلين ، جون ، 1828-1852 ، 1844-1852 ، (مكتبة ويليام كليمنتس ، جامعة ميشيغان)

محامي ومشرع أمريكي.

من وصف خطاب التوقيع الموقع: واشنطن ، إلى روبرت جيه ووكر ، وزير الخزانة ، 1847 7 ديسمبر (غير معروف). معرف سجل WorldCat: 270607865

  • 1785 ، 11 مارس: ولد في مقاطعة موريس ، نيوجيرسي.
  • 1807: تزوجت ريبيكا إدواردز (توفيت عام 1840)
  • 1807 - 1812: مؤسس ومحرر ، ذا وسترن ستار ، لبنان ، أوهايو
  • 1812 - 1816: عضو الكونغرس الأمريكي من ولاية أوهايو
  • 1816 - 1822: عدل مشارك ، المحكمة العليا لولاية أوهايو
  • 1822: مفوض ، مكتب الأراضي العام للولايات المتحدة
  • 1823 - 1829: مدير مكتب البريد
  • 1829 - 1861: قاضٍ مشارك ، المحكمة العليا للولايات المتحدة
  • 1843: تزوج من سارة بيلا جارارد
  • 1861 ، 4 أبريل: توفي ، سينسيناتي ، أوهايو

من دليل أوراق جون ماكلين ، 1817-1861 ، (الجزء الأكبر 1829-1860) ، (قسم المخطوطات بمكتبة الكونغرس)


كنيسة القديس يوحنا الكاثوليكية الرومانية المحبوبة

* مخصص لكبار السن وأي شخص في فئة معرضة للخطر.

قداس أيام الأسبوع جدول

الإثنين:
6:30 صباحا.
09:00.
20:00. (قداس لاتيني منخفض)

الثلاثاء الجمعة:
6:30 صباحا.
09:00.

السبت:
8:15 صباحًا

العشق القربان المقدس

أيام الآحاد
02:00. - 5:00 مساء.

الأربعاء
9:00 صباحًا - 7:00 مساءً

الاثنين وأمبير الثلاثاء وأربعاء وأربعاء وجمعة
7:00 صباحًا - 5:00 مساءً

الجنازة أو الزفاف أو المعمودية قد تقاطع أو تؤخر بدء العبادة.

اعتراف جدول

الأربعاء:
كل ساعة في الجزء العلوي من الساعة من الساعة 10 صباحًا حتى 7 مساءً. ما دام هناك تائبون.

السبت صباحا:
بعد الساعة 8:15 صباحا القداس

السبت صباحا:
3:30 مساءا. حتى 4:30 مساءً

الجمعة الأولى:
بعد 9:00 صباحا القداس

2021-2022 تسجيل التربية الدينية

التسجيل مفتوح الآن للتكوين الديني للأطفال للعام الدراسي 2021-22. ستعقد الجلسات لجميع الصفوف (K - 8) في أمسيات الثلاثاء من 6: 30-8: 00 مساءً رسوم التسجيل 125 دولارًا للطالب.

في Testimonium.

13 يونيو
الأحد الحادي عشر من الزمن العادي
الأحد الثالث بعد عيد العنصرة

الحياة العادية للمسيحيين بعد عيد العنصرة هي حياة رائعة ورائعة.

"بالنسبة للمسيحيين يتم تمييزهم عن غيرهم من الرجال لا بالبلد أو اللغة أو العادات التي يلتزمون بها. فهم لا يسكنون مدنًا خاصة بهم ، ولا يستخدمون شكلاً خاصًا من الكلام ، ولا يعيشون حياة تتميز بأي شكل من الأشكال. التفرد. إن مسار السلوك الذي يتبعونه لم يتم استنباطه من خلال أي تكهنات أو مداولات من الرجال الفضوليين ولا هم ، مثل البعض ، يعلنون أنفسهم دعاة أي مجرد مذاهب بشرية. ولكن ، الذين يسكنون المدن اليونانية والبربرية ، وفقًا لذلك لقد حدد الكثير من كل منهم واتباع عادات السكان الأصليين فيما يتعلق بالملابس والطعام وبقية سلوكهم العادي ، يعرضون لنا أسلوب حياتهم الرائع والملفت للنظر.

شاهد من المنزل

يتم بث القداس الإلهي وأمسيات الصلاة والتعليم المسيحي والجنازات وغيرها من الأحداث في القديس يوحنا الحبيب بشكل متكرر عبر https://livestream.com/StJohnMcLean الذي يبث بشكل متزامن على https://www.facebook.com/FrCJJP/ تلقائيًا. يمكنك مشاهدة الفيديو المباشر والمحفوظات على https://livestream.com/StJohnMcLean بدون اشتراك أو ملف تعريف.

الأسرار المقدسة في أماكن غير عادية

المناولة المقدسة يمكن استقبالها في الدهليز بعد أي قداس ، وتسمح لك مكبرات الصوت الخارجية بالاستماع إلى القداس دون الدخول إلى الداخل. يمكن أن يجلب لك كهنتنا القربان المقدس في المنزل أيضًا.

اعترافات بين المقاعد الخلفية للكنيسة بالقرب من صورة الرحمة الإلهية. في صباح يوم السبت وبعد الظهر ، تُسمع الاعترافات في الكنيسة وفي موقف السيارات العلوي بالقرب من صالة الألعاب الرياضية. إذا كنت ترغب في الاعتراف في وقت غير تلك الساعات المذكورة أعلاه ، فلا تتردد في الاتصال بخط الطوارئ في القسيس 703-835-2808 لطلب من المعترف مقابلتك في الكنيسة أو في موقف السيارات.

الجيران المحتاجون

تطوع العديد من أبناء الأبرشية للمساعدة في توصيل البقالة أو تقديم المساعدة للجيران غير القادرين على مغادرة منازلهم. يرجى الاتصال بمكتب الرعية إما لتنبيه القديس يوحنا الحبيب بشأن شخص يحتاج إلى المساعدة أو للتطوع.


ماكلين ، جون - التاريخ

عندما أصبحت إلينوي ولاية في عام 1818 ، لم يأتِ مستوطنون بيض إلى تلك القطعة من البراري التي أصبحت الآن مقاطعة ماكلين. بعد أربع سنوات ، جاءت بعض العائلات البيضاء عبر البلاد من بيكين وبدأت مستوطنة صغيرة بلومينغ جروف ، جنوب مدينة بلومنجتون الحالية. ومع ذلك ، فإن قطعة الأرض الغنية جدًا ، التي يبلغ طولها 8 أميال وعرضها 6 أميال ، والتي تتألف من Empire Township ، كانت معروفة فقط للفرق المتجولة من الهنود. طيور السماء وحيوانات الغابة.

يتدفق الشوكة الوسطى من سالت كريك عبر كامل طول البلدة وينضم إليها ويست فورك في الجزء الجنوبي ، وتشكل معًا حوالي 11 ميلًا من المياه الجارية على مدار العام. تسعة أميال من سالت كريك كانت تحدها أخشاب ثقيلة تتكون من أنواع مختلفة من البلوط والجوز والجوز والعديد من الأنواع القيمة الأخرى. غطى هذا البستان حوالي 7000 فدان. إلى جانب ذلك ، كان هناك حوالي 2000 فدان عبر الجانب الشمالي ، تسمى & quotO Old Town Timber. & quot [تراث البراري: تاريخ ليروي وبلدات الإمبراطورية والغرب ، مقاطعة ماكلين ، إلينوي & quot (1976) LeRoy Historical Society LeRoy Bi-Centennial لجنة]


هذه هي واحدة من أكثر البلدات اكتظاظًا بالسكان والأكثر أهمية ، وتحتوي على مدينة ليروي. استقر جون باكلز هناك في عام 1827 ، واتخذت بستان مساحته 8700 فدان اسمه. كان مايكل ديكرسون وأبناؤه هنري وفرانك مواطنين قياديين بعد عام 1830. كان هنري وديفيد كرومبو من الرواد الآخرين.

كان محلون بيشوب من أوائل المستوطنين وانتخب لعضوية المجلس التشريعي. قام وليام جونسون بتدريس أول مدرسة في مدرسة كليرووتر. بنى ديفيد فيليبس وإسحاق ويليامسون طاحونة في سولت كريك. مع قدوم خط السكة الحديد ، المعروف الآن باسم الأربعة الكبار ، بزغ فجر حقبة جديدة لهذه البلدة. في وقت لاحق تم تمديد فرع من إلينوي سنترال من رانتول إلى ليروي.

يبلغ عدد سكان بلدة إمباير 2400. [& quotOfficial souvenir program، McLean County Centennial، August 27، 28، 30، 1930 & quot بقلم: McLean County Illinois Centennial Souvenir Program Committee، Harold Lang and Eugene Funk]
الهنود
لا يوجد سجل عن أي شخص تعرض للتحرش من قبل الهنود. كان هناك المئات من الهنود الذين ساروا في صف واحد في رحلات الصيد السنوية على طول سولت كريك ، ودودون دائمًا ولكن بعضهم يميل إلى السرقة.

المستوطنين والمستوطنات
في عام 1827 ، وجد جون باكلز الكبير من فيرجينيا هذا البستان الجميل على طول سولت كريك. لقد تجول في أرجاء المكان لسنوات ، باحثًا عن المكان المثالي لتوطين عائلته الكبيرة. قام ببناء كوخ خشبي على الفور فيما كان يسمى Buckles Grove. كان جون صيادًا وليس مزارعًا ، وكانت هذه البقعة مثالية للصيد وصيد الأسماك. كان الطعام وسجلات البناء والوقود على بابه مباشرة.

كان جون باكلز عملاقًا لرجل يزن 380 رطلاً. كان لديه 13 طفلاً ولكن لم يأتوا جميعًا إلى هنا لأن بعض كبار السن قد ترسخوا واستقروا على طول الطريق. لقد صنع مدبغة ، ربما العديد منها ، عن طريق تفريغ جذوع البلوط الكبيرة للأحواض واستخدام اللحاء في عملية الدباغة. سرعان ما أصبح أولاده أصدقاء للأولاد الهنود الذين كانوا في الجوار يلعبون الألعاب ويديرون السباقات. بصرف النظر عن الأخشاب الثمينة ، كان هناك حوالي 22000 فدان من المروج المتموجة الجميلة الغنية في البلدة. هذا بالإضافة إلى الأخشاب جذبت مستوطنين آخرين.

جيسي فونك وصهره ، جيمس بورليسون ، قادا قطيعًا كبيرًا من الخنازير إلى البستان في العام التالي لمجيء باكلز. أقاموا معسكرًا للأيدي التي ترعى الخنازير. كان هناك الكثير من الطعام للخنازير بما في ذلك الجوز. في ذلك اليوم ، تم نقل الماشية عبر البلاد إلى السوق ، غالبًا إلى جالينا أو بيكين أو بعض المدن النهرية الأخرى.

أيضًا في عام 1828 ، أحضر أكويلا كونواي عائلته من كنتاكي. اشترى منزل Buckles و Claim-Buckles متحركًا غربًا من القسم 28 إلى القسم 29. جاء Nathan T. Brittin و Thomas O. Rutledge إلى Buckles Grove في عام 1829. في 1830: Henry Crumbaugh وابنه J.H.L. دانيال كرومبو وأبناؤه وليام وجون وليونارد ومايكل ديكرسون وأبناؤه روبرت ف. استقر كل من جيمس فان ديفينتر وجيمس وجيري والدن في أجزاء مختلفة من بوكليس جروف.

بحلول عام 1830 ، أصبحت Buckles Grove ، التي تم بناؤها حول مطالبة John Buckles الأصلية ، تسوية تمامًا. كما كان الكثيرون يطالبون بالمطالبات في أماكن أخرى من البلدة.

ج. Baddeley ، وهو رجل إنجليزي ، قرر أن Buckles Grove سيكون موقعًا ممتازًا للبلدة ، ووضع بلدة Monroe. أقام متجرا وخزنه للتجارة. ومع ذلك ، لاحظ آخرون النمو السريع لـ Buckles Grove. من بينهم الجنرال أ. جريدلي والجنرال ميريت كوفيل ، مساحون من بلومنجتون ، الذين درسوا وضع الأرض وقرروا أن الربوة الطبيعية التي تقع تقريبًا في وسط بلدة (الإمبراطورية) ستكون موقعًا مثاليًا للبلدة . على بعد ميل واحد إلى الشرق والجنوب والغرب كان مستوطنو Buckles Grove ، بينما كان المستوطنون في الشمال في Old Town Timber على بعد 3 أميال فقط.

لذلك في عام 1835 قاموا بشراء 80 فدانًا تم مسح ارتفاعها ووضع مدينة LeRoy. عُرض على السيد Baddeley حوافز ليبرالية للغاية للتخلي عن بلدته ونقل متجره إلى LeRoy. لقد فعل هذا وكان هو وعاموس نيل أول من باع البضائع في المدينة الجديدة.

كانت البلدة الأولى موضوعة حول مربع. تم بيع قطع الأراضي في ديسمبر 1835 وكانت العطاءات نشطة. ومع ذلك ، كانت بداية البناء بطيئة للغاية. في حوالي عام 1837 ، أقام حيرام باك فندقًا وبحلول الخريف كان هناك عدد قليل من المنازل الخشبية والمتاجر ومبنى مخزن الإطار الذي أقامه إدغار كونكلينج. في ذلك الوقت ، وضع السيد باك ، وهو أيضًا مساح ، إضافات Conkling's و Woods التي تضم حوالي 120 فدانًا إضافيًا ، وتقع على الجوانب الغربية والشمالية والشرقية من المدينة الأصلية.

المقتطفات التالية مأخوذة من خطاب كتبه وأرسله حيرام باك في ١٨ ديسمبر ١٨٣٦ من بلومنجتون بدون مظروف أو ختم ولكن تم وضع علامة على طابع البريد ١٨ سي المستحق.

& quot الأرض ترتفع ببطء. عرضت على فدان 11.00 دولارًا لي. المال كثير. لحم الخنزير بقيمة 5 إلى 5-1 / 2c قمح 1،00 دولار ذرة 20c شوفان 25c كلها مطلوبة. من المحتمل أن تكون قيمة مخزوني وممتلكاتي السائبة ضعف ما كنت أستحقه تمامًا عندما هبطت هنا. يجب أن أبيع هذا المكان ، سأنتقل حوالي 10 أميال شرقًا وأستقر في بلدة LeRoy وأشتري مزرعة مجاورة للمدينة وأحتفظ بمنزل عام. تم تسريح هذه المدينة خلال العام الماضي وتم حث المالك على الاستغناء عن الإضافة التي تحدث عنها من قبل. تقع على الطريق المؤدي من دانفيل إلى بيكين وتتمتع بكل مزايا السفر. --- سيصبح بلا شك مكان عمل. على أي حال فهي تقع في مكان جيد مثل أي مدينة داخلية في الغرب.

& مثل بلدنا منقسمة بالتساوي حول مسألة السياسة الكبرى. المرشحون لـ U.B. حقق الحزب نهاياته في أغسطس بأغلبية صوت واحد و U.B. حصلت على 2 أكثر من هاريسون. & quot

المستوطنين الأوائل الذين أدرجهم سيميون ويست (مقال عن رواد بلدة إمباير ، 1904) ومؤرخون آخرون هم على النحو التالي:

1830 - قاعة أمبروز ، ويليام ديفيس. جيمس لورانس ، ريتشارد إدواردز ، جاكوب كار ، ويليام جونسون.

1831 - روبن كليرووتر ، عاموس كونواي ، جوشوا هيل ، آرون ويليامز ، أندرو ديفينبو.

1832 - أبرام باكلز وإخوانه ، وبيتر وتوماس وويليام ت. بارنيت.

1835 - محلون بيشوب ، جيمس وايلي وأخوه توماس جون دبليو بادلي وابنه جون سي من إنجلترا إسحاق ميرفي جيمس لوكاس.

1836 - تي دي جيلمور (من كنتاكي) إيليا هيدريك وإليشا جيبس ​​وابنه سيميون ستيفن كونكلينج.

1837 - حيرام باك وابنه ، توماس روبرت وجون بار ، جيمس لينكولن ، توماس م. ويتاكر ، جيمس بيشوب مينور بيشوب ليفي ودانييل نوت.

1840 - جون وجيسي كار توماس مارتن توماس رايس هنري رايس هاميلتون جيلبرت.

1841 - مونتغمري كرومبو.

في عام 1843 ، تم إقناع إي إي جرينمان ، وهو بائع متجول شهير لسكان باكلز جروف ، بفتح متجر في ليروي. استأجر مبنى مقابل 1.00 دولار شهريًا ودفع 1 دولارًا أمريكيًا في الأسبوع للجلوس. عندما ضاعف صاحب المنزل إيجاره ، اشترى الكثير عبر الشارع مقابل 10.00 دولارات ، واستأجر رجلًا ليرى جذوع الأشجار من الأخشاب القريبة ، وفي غضون 21 يومًا كان يعمل في مبناه الخاص.

ذهب س. د. بيكر معه. في عام 1857 نقلوا المبنى القديم وشيدوا هيكلًا رائعًا من الطوب مقابل 3000 دولار.

التجار الأوائل الآخرون هم ريتشارد إدواردز ، كيملر وبيشوب ، إل إتش وبي إف بارك ، إي. مورهاوس وابنه والسيد ماكلين.

ت. بدأ Barnett التجارة في LeRoy في عام 1852 وفي العام التالي قام ببناء مبنى مكتب البريد الذي كان أول مبنى من الطوب في المدينة. في وقت لاحق باع هذا واشترى مبنى جرينمان. دخل في شراكة مع J. Keenan وباع في سنوات التدفق ما قيمته 55000 دولار من البضائع. في عامي 1854 و 1855 ، كان لشركة Crumbaugh and Reed تجارة كبيرة.

جميع البضائع من هذه المتاجر القديمة جاءت عن طريق Pekin ، حيث يتم شحنها هناك من سانت لويس على متن قوارب فوق نهري المسيسيبي وإلينوي. نقل المزارعون قمحهم إلى بيكين لبيعه أو طحنه لاستخدامهم الخاص.

في عام 1841 قام إليشا جيبس ​​ببناء طاحونة جيدة ، تديرها البخار ، تقع على الجانب الجنوبي من المدينة. استمر هذا الأمر جيدًا حتى احترق في عام 1844. قام كل من Buckles and Farmer ببناء مطحنة بخارية ومطحنة منشار على الجانب الشرقي من المدينة في عام 1853 واحترقت في عام 1856. وقفت المستودع. تغير هذا الأمر إلى Breener و Barnum ، ثم Breener و Keenan وبعد ذلك إلى Barnum و Kennan اللذان أضافا تجارة كبيرة للحبوب والأخشاب.

المشرفون (1858-1976)
مقاطعة ماكلين ، إلينوي

(نُسِخت بواسطة: Teri Moncelle Colglazier)

1858 - 1861 جيمس وايلي
1861 - 1862 مونتغمري كرومبو
1862 - 1863 ر.ف ديكرسون
1863 - 1865 مالون بيشوب
1865 - 1867 ر.ف ديكرسون
1867 - 1870 جيمس بيشوب
1870 - 1871 جي في سميث
1871 - 1872 جي إتش إل كرومبو
1872-1873 جون كلاين
1873 - 1875 د. أو. هوارد
1875 - 1879 حيرام باك
1879 - 1880 جون كلاين
1880 - 1881 جوزيف كينان
1881 - 1886 دبليو إتش دولي
1886 - 1888 صموئيل ف. بارنوم
1888 - 1890 جيمس بينيت
1890 - 1892 أوسكار بونيت
1892 - 1894 توماس كلاري
1894 - 1896 صموئيل ف. بارنوم
1896 - 1900 أوسكار بونيت
1900 - 1901 توماس ف وايلي
1901 - 1908 جيمس فانس
1908 - 1912 جورج إي دولي
1912 - 1914 ج. الحرس
1914 - 1916 جورج إي دولي
1916-1926 وليام فانس
1926-1928 ج. جرانت سميث
1928-1933 هاري دينينج
1933-1935 ج. جرانت سميث
1935-1937 أوسكار كيرشنر
1937-1941 وليام فانس
1941 - 1953 هـ. أ. دينينج
1953 - 1961 جون لي سميث
1961 - 1973 إي جي عميد
1973 - جون كلاين

طقس
تحكي جميع سجلات ذلك اليوم المبكر عن الثلوج العميقة في شتاء 1830 و 1831. كان على الأشخاص المحاصرين فيها الاعتماد كليًا على غرائز خيولهم أو فرق الثيران للعثور على طريق العودة إلى ديارهم. تسببت الذئاب في مشاكل أكثر من أي شيء آخر ، حيث جاءت مباشرة إلى المنازل لسرقة الخنازير والدجاج والأغنام. لقد دمروا الكثير من الطرائد البرية التي يحتاجها الناس للطعام. خلال شتاء الثلج الكبير ، هلك العديد من الحيوانات البرية ولكن بدت الذئاب أكثر وفرة من أي وقت مضى. في الليالي المقمرة ، يمكن للناس أن يخطووا إلى أبواب مقصوراتهم ويراهم يتجولون في الثلج. كانت الغزلان ، بحوافرها الصغيرة الحادة التي تقطع الثلج المتقشر ، فريسة سهلة للذئاب. كانت صيد الذئاب هي الرياضة الرئيسية في ذلك اليوم ، حتى أن أحد المزارعين قام بتدريب كلاب الصيد على الإمساك بها.

في ديسمبر 1836 ، أدى تغير مفاجئ في الطقس من 40 درجة إلى 20 درجة تحت ، مصحوبة برياح شديدة من الغرب ، إلى تجميد المياه في الحقول على شكل أمواج. كان للخيول بداخلها شبر من الجليد على جلودها وكانت قاسية جدًا بحيث لا يمكن إزالتها حتى اليوم التالي. خرج معطف حيرام باكلز منه متجمدًا بشدة لدرجة أنه لم يستطع اختراق الباب. تم تجميد سولت كريك حتى القاع وكان البنك ممتلئًا. مع تدفق المياه الأخرى فوقه ، تجمد الجليد في طبقات على ارتفاع خمسة أقدام فوق الضفاف.

Another menace to these pioneers was prairie fires. A small wind could whip a path of flames for many miles destroying all along the way. People ran to ponds and streams for protection until it burned itself out.

Post Offices
In 1838, a Post Route was established between Danville, Bloomington and Peoria, passing through LeRoy. A post office was opened in Buck Hotel with Mr. Buck the first postmaster. At first the mail came by a Post Rider (on horse) then by Fink and Walker "Mud Wagons" which by courtesy were called stages. For a long time this firm ran nearly all the stages in northern Illinois and Indiana.

سكك حديدية
On May 1, 1870 after years of legal tangling with the state and other difficulties, the Danville, Urbana and Bloomington and Peoria R.R. sent its first train through LeRoy. J.M. Myers was the engineer who ran the first engine that ever came into this city over the Big Four route. LeRoy citizens were very proud and happy for they had invested $75,000 toward its construction.

However, they were not quite satisfied for they felt the freight rates were too high, considering the amount they had subscribed toward its construction. So they immediately started a movement for a narrow gauge railroad between LeRoy and Rantoul. Mrs. J.V. Smith in her article on Pioneer Transportation states "The building of the section of road from LeRoy to Fisher is, I believe, wholly a LeRoy enterprise, and no history of our little city is complete without its mention."

In March, 1876 a company was formed to build this narrow gauge road to Fisher with James Bishop, president C.A. Barley, sec. and Joseph Keenan. treasurer. Practically all the right-of-way was donated and in 10 months the road was mostly built and in running order. It is commonly called the "Pumpkin Vine."

دين
Church services also were held in Clearwater School. The first services ever held were in the William Conaway home by the Rev James Latta, a missionary. In 1831 Rev. S. R. Begg came and made Buckles Grove a part of the Methodist Circuit. Silas Watters headed that group and was very active in the religious life of the settlement. In 1850 he met with other prominent Methodists, including Peter Cartwright, in Bloomington to establish Wesleyan University.

The Presbyterians in 1832 started holding services in the home of Peter Buckles and were called the "Salt Creek Congregation," a name given to it by Abraham Lincoln who surveyed this area. They met in the homes and Clearwater School until the town of LeRoy was started. Then Mr. Buckles donated the land for a church, the same site the present church stands on. The Rutledge family also were very active in establishing this church.


تعليم
In spite of the hardships and struggle to barely exist, church and school were not neglected. In 1832, the Clearwater School was built of logs about 1 mile south of LeRoy. Lame Will Johnson was the first teacher His legs may have been weak but not his arms for he was first class with the hickory stick. He was pretty fond of whiskey and on one occasion passed it out to his pupils so all were slightly intoxicated. Once they locked him out of the school. He managed to climb to the roof, cover the chimney and smoke out his pupils. Once a month, he got religion and repented.
[Source: "Heritage of the prairie : a history of LeRoy and of Empire and West townships, McLean County, Illinois" (1976) LeRoy Historical Society LeRoy Bi-Centennial Commission - Transcribed by Teri Colglazier]
LeRoy

Amos Neal built the first log house in LeRoy in 1835 on the southeast corner of Center and Chestnut Sts. T. J. Barnett built the second log house, a 14 by 16 ft. building, in Block 15.

The original town of LeRoy, 28 blocks, was laid out by Gridley and Covel in 1835, and has been enlarged until it covers more than one section of land and is still growing.

A few families were in LeRoy in 1836: Edgar Conkling, Dr. Moran, Amos Neal, Hiram Patterson. Moses Kimler. and Leonard P. Morron.

Hiram Buck came to Illinois in 1833, and to LeRoy in 1837 James Wiley in 1837 Daniel Proctor in 1837 Stephen Conkling, Harmon Buck and families in 1839. They were millwrights by trade and built the first steam saw and grist mill on the south side of town in 1840. It was of great benefit to this community to have our wheat and corn made into flour and meal at home. A little later, Josiah Horr introduced a wool carding machine and we thought it great when we could have our wool made into rolls right here. All the farmers kept some sheep, and homemade clothes were in style, and the spinning wheels were kept whizzing.

Elisha Gibbs and sons, Simeon and David, were mill-wrights by trade. They built the first steam saw and grist mill and wool-carding attachments in LeRoy in 1840.

It was 40 ft. by 46 ft. and 2-1/2 stories high. It had one set of three-foot stones and cost $4000. It was built on the slough on the south side of town, south of the present Owens' Bi-Ritc store, south of the railroad.

It burned in 1844.


المدارس
The first schoolhouse was built in 1839. and David P. Bunn taught the first school in it in 1840. It is still standing only a few rods from where it was built, two blocks north of the park on the Pete Hendryx block, west of the Thompson house and facing north on the I.C.R.R.

منظمة
From 1835 to 1874 the town of LeRoy was governed by a president and board of trustees. However, the town prospered from the date of its founding so in August, 1874 an election was held adopting a city charter and electing a mayor, 6 aldermen, treasurer and city clerk.

The elected officials were as follows:

Official

مكتب

مرتب

السيدة. Stout

Mayor

$50 per year

John Kline

Alderman

$2 per meeting

أ. جونسون

Alderman

ج. رايت

Alderman

في. Bishop

Alderman

D.L. Buckworth

Alderman

J.M. Stevens

Alderman

ج. بنى

City Clerk

$75 per year

Peter VanAtta

امينة صندوق

$25 per year

John F. Alsup was appointed marshal and superintendent of streets at a salary of $50 per month.

The first meeting was spent in passing ordinances pertaining to the duties of the various elected officials. However, in subsequent meetings a large portion of the time was spent in passing ordinances pertaining to the building or repair of plank sidewalks. The building or repair being one of the duties of the city marshal.

An appropriation ordinance was passed in the amount of $525 to finance the operation of the city for the year. This is in great contrast to the appropriation ordinance levied by the city in 1975 which was $142,000.

Apparently Mayor Stout was not too popular as a mayor for at the second election J. W. Wright was elected mayor with a vote of 104 to Stout's 4 votes.

A saw mill was located on Cedar Street where the Minor Rees property now stands. An open slough was in this locality following where our present sewer crosses. A contract was let to furnish all material and labor to build a wagon bridge at this location, contract sum being $37.50. The city marshal got 50c per head for burying dead hogs.

There being no law against animals running at large many complaints were received from residents. An ordinance was passed requiring all hogs to have a ring in their nose. Also an ordinance was passed that cows and heifers could run at large but bulls had to be penned up. However, women's lib didn't last very long as the city dads rescinded the ordinance after two months. An ordinance passed in 1883 decreed animals could not run at large in the city.

In 1882 an ordinance was passed for a corporation to lease and mine coal under the streets of LeRoy.

J. W. Brown and A. J. Keenan built a skating rink on the north side of Center Street where Stensel Funeral Home previously was.

In 1889 an ordinance was passed requiring all businesses to close on Sunday.

It seems that in the past ball playing on the city square had been allowed. However, at the council meeting of September 17, 1891 an ordinance was passed declaring ball playing on public square to be a nuisance.

At the meeting of May 8, 1893 W. H. Dooley headed a Township Committee on the question of building a Town Hall jointly with the city. A committee was appointed to investigate this.

The first ordinance creating the office of City Attorney was adopted on February 10, 1896. Prior to this legal council had to be obtained from some attorney in Bloomington. At the regular city election of April, 1896 John Mott was elected to fill this position. However, he only served a short time as William Owen was appointed to fill out his term of office at no salary.

A special meeting was called April 25, 1898 for the purpose of passing an ordinance to improve the city square and make it into a park. This was done by redesigning the streets around it and installing hitching racks. The park was designed by Sherman Smith and was an octagon shape with street on north and south side to be 80 feet wide and on east and west side to be 75 feet wide with concrete walk running both ways through the park. R. J. Lamont was hired to do all the concrete walk work. His price for labor was $3 per day.

An ordinance was passed July 11, 1898 making it unlawful to carry a concealed weapon in LeRoy.

At the regular meeting of February, 1902 a proposition was presented to the council that a cannon could be procured from the U.S. government to be placed in city. Offer was accepted. This presumably is the present cannon in the park.

In 1902 a committee was formed to consider building a Town and City Hall. After several meetings it was agreed to build on the lots on the Southeast corner of square on lots owned by the city, the city and township to jointly supervise the building. Agreed by township and city at meeting of July 3, 1903 to build, city to pay $750, and building to be jointly owned.

A petition was presented to the council in 1904 by the Bloomington Canning Company to obtain water from the city in the operation of canning factory, apparently start of LeRoy plant.

Barley and Pfitzenmeyer subdivision known as the East Park Addition was accepted into the city in 1904. McConnell Brothers Subdivision on South Chestnut Street was accepted into city in 1904.

On March 1, 1910 an epidemic of Scarlet Fever broke out in LeRoy. A special meeting was called and a proclamation was issued that no children under the age of 15 years could be on the streets unless accompanied by parents or adults, this to be in effect until epidemic had subsided.

At a meeting of July 8. 1910 C. D. Jones and A. H. Morris were given permission to put gasoline tanks in the streets or alleys for the purpose of storage and sale of gasoline. This apparently was the beginning of the filling stations in LeRoy.

In 1910 an ordinance was passed making it unlawful to kill squirrels in city limits.

In 1926 State Route 39 which is now U.S. 150 was completed through LeRoy and in 1933 State Route 136 was completed giving LeRoy and area residents good access roads. Today LeRoy is located on busy U.S. Interstate 74.

In July, 1949 the city council adopted a new numbering system for LeRoy business places and residences. The old numbering system had become almost non-existent.

The city is divided into four sections with Center Street and Main Street the dividing lines. Lots are numbered from 100 up from the starting streets, the first block the 100 block, the second 200, etc. As a person starts from the dividing line, the lot numbers are odd on the right hand side of the street and even on the left side.


تعداد السكان
Except for a slump from 1910 to 1930, LeRoy has shown a steady growth from its inception.

In 1874 when LeRoy changed from a town government and adopted a city charter a special census was taken showing a population of 1018.

A hundred vears later in 1974 a special census was taken showing the city had grown to 2631 -- a gain of 1613 citizens.

Earliest available census figure is for 1850 when a population of 210 was recorded.

A tabulation of official census figures, showing LeRoy's growth trend, from that early date to the present follows:

Year -- Pop.
1850 -- 210
1860 -- 654
1870 -- 862
1874 -- 1018
1880 -- 1068
1890 -- 1258
1900 -- 1629
1910 -- 1702

Year -- Pop.
1920 -- 1680
1930 -- 1595
1940 -- 1783
1950 -- 1819
1960 -- 2088
1966 -- 2436
1970 -- 2435
1974 -- 2631
2000 -- 3332 (wikipedia)

دين
The Methodist Church was built about the same time [1839] just west of the Alfred Morris residence.
Dr. David Edwards, also a Methodist preacher, came to LeRoy in 1840 and was pastor in the old church several years.


Roads and Railroads
The first tractor purchased by LeRoy for street maintenance was purchased from Ed Guard. It was a McCormick-Deering tractor and cost $1150.

Ordinance passed in 1891 required that all walks in the area called the original town be constructed of brick or stone. This consisted of 28 blocks.

On April 9, 1894 an ordinance was passed for the sidewalk committee to purchase brick for the rebuilding of sidewalks in the business district instead of using boards. Previous to that the only brick walks built were in front of Keenan's Bank. This was done in 1892.

At the regular meeting May 13, 1895 a motion was passed that the city hire a street superintendent. Prior to that the city marshal had handled those duties. There is no record as to who was hired for the job or what the salary was.

The first concrete sidewalks were laid on the south and north sides of Center Street from City Park to East Street in 1904. An ordinance prohibiting spitting on the sidewalk was passed the same year.

The first record of an ordinance governing the speed of automobiles was passed on May 27, 1909. Speed limit was 10 miles per hour, a fine of $10 to be levied for violations.

The first record of any concrete viaduct was in 1909 when a concrete viaduct was built on Center Street at the corner of Center and Mill Streets. Contractor was the Nelson Concrete Company of Pontiac who also had contract to build several concrete sidewalks in the city. Cost of viaduct was $392.

The first use of oil on the streets was in October, 1911. Oil was sprinkled on the street around the square or park. Work was done by Ed Beckham. Cost was $62. For several years prior Mr. Beckham had held a contract with city to sprinkle streets with water in dry dusty weather.

The city council on January 8, 1915 held a hearing to pave Center and Chestnut Streets, the cost to be $75,975. The Center Street pavement extended from the first street west of the Big Four Depot and east to the corner of Dr. G. W. Wait's property (Park Ave.). The paving around the park is 27 feet wide. Also paved was Chestnut Street from Dr. J. A. Tuthill's residence on School Street south to the Big Four railroad. With the paving of Chestnut and Center Streets, new hitching racks were needed and leased for $50 per year for 20 years was the property west of the Bishop and Guard building belonging to Henry Brittin. Also purchased was property on Chestnut Street adjoining the Brittin lots which belonged to John Burns. The residence of John Burns, which he vacated Sept. 1, 1915, had been his home for almost 70 years and was the place of his birth on Sept. 25, 1845. (Part of the above pavement was covered with blacktop in 1972)

In 1926 State Route 39 which is now U.S. 150 was completed through LeRoy and in 1933 State Route 136 was completed giving LeRoy and area residents good access roads.

Today LeRoy is located on busy U.S. Interstate 74.


Electricity
It being the request of the majority of the residents of LeRoy to light the city with electric lights an ordinance was passed on December 14, 1891 toward acquiring lights for the city.

On June 18. 1892 a tax levy was passed in the amount of $1500 to light the city streets in LeRoy with electric lights. Also, a committee was instructed to confer with the LeRoy Electric Light and Heating Company and agree on a franchise and draft an ordinance covering same.

On October 9, 1893 a franchise was granted to L. A. Reynolds and assignees to set poles and stretch wires upon the streets of LeRoy for the purpose of lighting the city with electricity. This was the first lighting of the city with electricity. Kerosene lamps placed in various locations were used before that.

As a previous franchise had been signed to have the LeRoy Electric and Heating Company furnish electricity to the city, at the regular city election April 16, 1895 the issue of the city paying for the lighting of all streets was placed on the ballot. The issue passed, the city to pay $6 per month for each light installed.

On November 1, 1901 the LeRoy Electric Light, Power and Heating Company was purchased by W. F. Crumbaugh and a franchise was issued to him to furnish lights, power and steam heat until 1908.

On November 5, 1909 Wartena Bros, of Hammond, Ind. purchased the LeRoy Electric Light, Power and Heating plant from Morrell Tomlin for a consideration of $15,000. Mr. Tomlin conducted the plant during the previous six years.

In 1911 the Wartenas gave to LeRoy 24-hour service, the first of any town this size in Illinois. It soon became apparent that the old plant was inadequate to furnish the sort of service they wished to render and they undertook the building of a transmission line from Bloomington to LeRoy. With the completion of the line in 1912 the service was greatly improved and the old plant was dismantled.

LeRoy's street lighting system was changed from the old arc-light method, blocks apart, to 60-watt lamps on nearly every street corner. Cluster lights were installed by the city a few years later on both sides of Center St. from the City Park to East St.

With the purchase of electricity from the Bloomington- Normal Power and Light Company the Wartenas continued to expand the operation of the LeRoy Electric Light, Power and Heating Company by including Downs, Ellsworth, Cooksville and Colfax in their service area involving about 100 miles of transmission lines and embracing more than 1000 customers.

Illinois Power and Light Company, a growing statewide utility, purchased the Wartena interests in 1926 and took over serving the area. The utility later shortened its corporate name to Illinois Power Company. IPC is now the second largest electric utility in the state.

LeRoy's first mercury vapor light system was first turned on in October, 1951, replacing the old ornamental cluster light system. The LeRoy Kiwanis Club sponsored a meeting a year earlier attended by business men and interested citizens at which groundwork for the new lights was laid. Then Illinois Power Company advanced an alternate plan to the city council, which was accepted.

Thirty mercury vapor lights were placed on Center St. from the High School to Rt. 150, on Main St. from the City Park south to the Presbyterian Church, on Chestnut St. from the Methodist Church south to Cedar St. and two blocks on East Street.


Sewers
LeRoy's first city sewer was laid in 1881 running from city square to East St. It was six-inch in size and was laid by John G. Kelly. Cost for material and labor was 90c per rod.

In 1898 some difficulty was being had with the cesspool at the school (former old Washington School). It was agreed by the city and school board to share the cost of a 15-inch vitrified tile to be laid as far as the I.C.R.R.

Due to this a committee was appointed to investigate the feasibility of installing a proper sewage system for the city.

In August 1900 the sewer on E. Center St. was continued from the corner of Center and East Streets to the open ditch at the corner of Center and Mill.

In 1903 the engineering firm of Charles Cottingham was engaged to draw up plans for a sewer system for LeRoy. Cost of plans was $200. A board of local improvements consisting of three aldermen was formed. On December 10, 1903 an ordinance was passed for the laying of two main sewer lines. One is known as Mill and East Street sewer and the other is known as Main West and White Street sewer. These two main sewer lines were recommended by state sanitary engineers working with board of local improvements.

Many requests for permission to build septic tanks and connect to sewers were made in 1907.

In 1913 an agreement was entered into with Crumbaughs, owners of land south of LeRoy, for easement for sewage outlet. Also, condemnation proceedings were instituted against the Big Four Railroad for easement rights.

A special bond issue in the amount of $6000 for local improvements was placed on the ballot at the regular April 1930 election. Bond issue was passed. Using the $6000 bond issue more sewers were laid and they have served the city until now. However, in keeping up with progress another bond issue was passed in 1973 amounting to about one-third of a million dollars. Land has been purchased south of LeRoy for a new modern sewage treatment plant. Plans are now being formulated and construction should be started in the near future.


الهواتف
At a special city council meeting September 23, 1897 a permit was granted to Central Union Telephone Company to erect poles and stretch wires on streets and alleys in the city of LeRoy. This is the first mention of public telephone service in LeRoy.

At the regular meeting of the council on February 14, 1898 the McLean County Telephone Company was granted permission to erect poles and stretch wires in LeRoy.

Then permission was granted in May, 1899 to the Farm and City Telephone Company to set poles and string wire on the streets and alleys of LeRoy.

In 1906 a contract was given to A.T. & T. to set poles and string wires in the city.

ماء
In 1888 a well was drilled on the southeast corner of LeRoy's square and a windmill with a 12-foot wheel was erected to pump water in a holding tank with a capacity of 50 barrels. This apparently was the starting of the first city water system as no other mention has been made on water supply except a 40-foot well with iron pump in the city square. A special meeting was called in June, 1889 regarding building waterworks for city. However, two weeks later a motion was made and passed to drop the matter.

Due to the fact that many people were hauling water from the tank at the town well an ordinance was passed in August, 1891 prohibiting this and notices were posted at the well to this effect.

The matter of a waterworks system was again brought up in August, 1892 when a motion was made and carried to hold a special election to issue $7000 in bonds to erect a waterworks for LeRoy. The election results were as follows: 170 votes for the bond issue and 49 against.

On Sept. 12, 1892 specifications were drawn up for the waterworks, the tank specification as follows: a brick tower 14 feet at the base thickness of wall at top of ground 2 feet 9 inches and at top of tower 60 feet from ground to be 2 feet 3 inches thick. The street tank was 42 feet high and 12 feet across with tank pressure on main line to be 49 pounds. The well was to be 8 inches in diameter. A power house was to be built of brick and the city to lay about four blocks of water mains.

On advertising for bids the contract was awarded to R. R. McGregor and Company at a cost of $7100. However, the plans were changed from a brick to a steel tower. This is the present standpipe which has served LeRoy since the original waterworks was built. The bonds were sold to the Municipal Investment Company of Chicago at an interest rate of 5%, first bond to become due on April 1, 1894. Alderman A. J. Keenan made a trip to Chicago on the business pertaining to the sale of bonds. His expenses for the trip was $10.61 which the city paid.

At a special meeting of the council on Saturday, July 1, 1893 acceptance of completed water tower was made and the contractor was paid in full. Also an ordinance was passed setting certain water rates as follows: bars and drinking saloons, restaurants and eating houses $8 per annum.

On July 6. 1893 an ordinance was passed prohibiting climbing on the standpipe.

At a meeting of the council September 5, 1893, there being no further use for the tank and windmill on city square, a committee was appointed to dispose of pumps and windmill. Charles Wallace was hired to manage the new waterworks at a salary of $30 per month and was to start work on Wed.. Sept 10. 1893.

At a meeting November 3. 1893 an ordinance was passed leasing the waterworks building to the Electric Light and Heating Company The lease was for a term of 15 years, the city to pay $300 per year for 5 years and the Light Company to do all of the pumping of water and to keep the plant in working order at its expense. At the end of 5 years an equalization committee was to determine the amount the city would pay for the next 5 years and so on until end of franchise. The contract was signed by both parties at a special meeting November 4, 1893.

On June 11, 1894 an agreement was made with LC.R.R. to furnish it water for $22.50 per month and the Big Four R.R. $35 per month. On June 13, 1894 a motion was made and carried to lay a six-inch water main from the corner at Odd Fellows Hall west to Big Four depot and an extension be laid from the corner of White and Center Street north to the I.C. مستودع.

In early 1906 it was felt by the mayor and council the city needed a gasoline engine of its own to pump city water in case of emergency. The city advertised for bids and on February 9, 1906 the bid of the Buckeye Engine Company of Joliet, Illinois was accepted.

The engine was two Cylinder 30 H.P. The purchase price was $1180. This was the first time the city owned any power equipment for water pumping.

In September, 1907 permission was given to put in a two-inch water line to swimming pool in "Boys' Hall" located in M.E. Church.

In the late teens three new wells were drilled in the northwest part of the city. This facility has served LeRoy well for some 50 years. However, the present water plant has served its time. Work is now in progress in building a new modern treatment plant and 250,000-gallon water tank on the city parking lot near the old tower.

LeRoy was one of the few cities to put in a water softener system. This was done in the early 1940s.

LeRoy is known to have one of the best water supplies in the state. LeRoy also was one of the first cities in the state to have fluoridation and chlorine treated water.

The city council voted for fluoridation in 1952 but it was almost a year later on January 19, 1953 that Oliver Godden, superintendent of the waterworks, threw the switch which caused the small metering machine to begin pumping sodium fluoride solution into the water supply. Fluoridation and chlorination are now required by law in every city and village in the state.

When the new water treatment plant and elevated storage tank are completed and put into operation in July this year they will represent one of LeRoy's major "Horizon '76" projects for the Bicentennial year. The new water plant will be automated and the new tank will be a 250,000-gallon pedestal type 115 feet tall, 15 feet taller than the old standpipe. Contracts for the improvements, including four blocks of necessary new eight-inch water main, totaled $471,539. Funding is through 40-year 5% water revenue bonds.

Entertainment
Soon after LeRoy had been laid out it was circled by a half-mile race track. Horse owners came from Bloomington and other nearby towns. There was lively betting and much excitement. Some people felt these races brought in an element unwholesome to the best interests of LeRoy.

Fire Department
Prior to 1874 the only fire fighting equipment was a hose cart, hand pumper and bucket brigade. There were several large cisterns in the business district which could be used for water supply in case of fire.

In 1875 it was felt the city needed better fire protection so a committee of three aldermen were appointed to investigate the cost of purchasing a hook and ladder fire extinguisher. After several meetings it was decided to purchase a Champion complete with the latest hook ladders, hose and pumper. The cost was $1750, $800 to be paid on delivery and balance to be paid in 18 months with interest at 8%. When the final payment came due the treasurer was short $300 in the treasury to complete the payment. This had to be borrowed locally and the interest was 10%. Finances were quite different then and now.

An ordinance was passed in 1892 requiring all roofs on building within the original fire limits be constructed of some kind of fireproof material and buildings in certain blocks in business area be of brick or stone.

In 1895 the fire department was composed of 30 members and a chief. The apparatus consisted of a chemical engine, 2 hose carts, and a hand engine.

The fire bell was placed on the engine house in June, 1895. In 1925 the first fire siren was purchased. Prior to this a large bell was used to sound the alarm.

A new fire truck was delivered in November, 1938. It was the first 1939 model that the Boyer Fire Apparatus Company of Logansfwrt, Ind. sold. It was one of the best and latest equipped in the state. Known as a 500-gallon per minute triple combination engine, it had a centrifuge type pump, 100-gallon booster tank, 150 ft. of booster hose with shut-off nozzle, 52 feet of ladders, siren (flasher type), searchlight, rear standard lamp together with front standard flasher type light, two hand searchlights, two three-gallon pump cans, 13-gallon foaming extinguisher, fire axe and crowbar, and a pike pole. The fire engine was demonstrated at the City Park before a large gathering of townspeople who viewed the operation with a greater sense of security against fire and with just civic pride.

At one time, under 150 pounds pressure, two streams from 2-1/2 inch hose and a stream from the 1-1/2 inch hose were thrown about 100 ft. high and clear across the park. Fire Chief Don Jones with the other members of the volunteer department were on hand and took their first lesson in operating the apparatus.

Seeing the fine equipment, old-timers were reminded of the crude fire fighting equipment of other days, as the bucket brigade, some cisterns up-town, and a manpower force pump, later the water system and the hose cart drawn by hand, then the hose and ladder wagon drawn by horses.

LeRoy now has one of the finest fire departments in the state. It is equipped with the latest equipment. The department is maintained by a fire district and tax levy which encompasses more than 80 sections. Due to the fine fire department LeRoy enjoys a lower fire insurance rate than many communities.

غاز
C. D. Jones and Frank Crumbaugh had the first two filling stations in LeRoy.

The gasoline tanks were kept inside and they brought the gasoline out in buckets and poured it into the cars. C. D. Jones and A. H. Morris were given permission by the City Council on July 8, 1910 to put gasoline tanks in the streets and alleys tor storage and sale purposes. Later, Ed Wirt hauled and delivered to the rural area two barrels of gasoline at a time, each containing 55 gallons, in a spring wagon, for the F. Crumbaugh Oil Co.

Legal and financial obstacles were cleared in October, 1951 for the Union Gas and Electric Company of Bloomington to construct its 35-mile natural gas main to serve LeRoy, Farmer City, Bloomington and Normal. LeRoy natural gas customers are now served by Northern Illinois Gas Company.


Mayors
Thirty-one mayors have served LeRoy since August, 1874 when the city charter was adopted. The first mayor served less than a year until the first regular election in 1875.

LeRoy mayoral elections are held in odd-numbered years. Mayors were elected for two-year terms until 1937 when four-year terms were instituted by statute.

Mayoral election years and mayors who were elected and served LeRoy follow:


شاهد الفيديو: قضية الحصاد. جون ماكين. وحملة انتخابية ستمر بإسرائيل (أغسطس 2022).